25th January 2014 11:38 am
My First Yeoman Generator
At work I use the Skeleton boilerplate a lot - my boss, who handles most of the design work, likes it and generally uses it for his designs. I’ve also been using Grunt a lot lately, so it was inevitable that I’d probably start to look for a Yeoman generator for working with it.
There was an existing Yeoman generator for Skeleton, but it didn’t really do what I wanted. I wanted something that:
- Included jQuery and Modernizr
- Will automatically rebuild on changes
- Includes LiveReload and a development server
- Includes automatic deployment via FTP
Future plans for it include:
- Adding auto-prefixing for CSS
- Removing redundant CSS rules automatically
- Possibly, alternate deployment methods
Frustratingly, NPM seems to be playing up at present - it’s not picking up the README file, and the Yeoman site isn’t pulling it in. Any idea why, anyone?