Matthew Daly's Blog

I'm a web developer in Norfolk. This is my blog...

4th April 2015 1:47 am

Adding a New Search Engine to My Site

I’ve just finished implementing a new search engine for this site. Obviously, with it using a static site generator, searching a relational database isn’t an option. For a long while I’d just been getting by with Google’s site-specific search, which worked, but meant leaving the site to view the search results.

Now, I’ve implemented a client-side search system using Lunr.js. It wasn’t too time consuming, and as the index is generated with the rest of the site and loaded with the page, the response is almost instantaneous. I may write a future blog post on how to integrate Lunr.js with your site, as it’s very handy and is an ideal solution for implementing search on a static site.

View the article with comments
How I Added Search to My Site With Lunr.js Syntax Highlighting in Fenced Code Blocks in Vim